Take steps to protect your organisation against cyber attacks
The Cyber Essentials scheme helps you to safeguard against most of the common cyber threats and also demonstrates your company’s commitment to cyber security.
- Secure your devices and software
- Control access to your data and services
- Secure your internet connection(s)
- Protect from viruses and other malware
- Keep your devices and software up to date
Why look elsewhere when you can have your local Edinburgh IT Support company accredit you for Cyber Essentials?
One of only a handful of Scottish IASME Certifying Bodies
Consider IT is currently one of only a handful of Scottish IASME Certifying Bodies that can accredit your business to the Cyber Essentials standard. We take the standard seriously and will make sure that your business genuinely meets the standard. Not only will you be happy receiving the badge of approval, but you’ll also know that your IT infrastructure is actually meeting the requirements. As part of the IASME Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation process, we also carry out a vulnerability scan on your edge gateways. Our Edinburgh Cyber Essentials team are ready and waiting to assist you with achieving the coveted standard. Give us a call today.Get Certified Today
So what is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a UK government information assurance scheme operated by the National Cyber Security Centre that encourages organisations to adopt good practice in information security. A primary objective of the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy is to make the UK a safer place to conduct business online and from 1 October 2014 all suppliers must be compliant with the new Cyber Essentials controls if bidding for government contracts which involve handling of sensitive and personal information and provision of certain technical products and services.
It’s quickly becoming a sought after accreditation in SMEs across all industries, and we believe it won’t be long until it’s the defacto requirement to have obtained it for all tender processes.
Getting Certified: Cyber Essentials
Consider IT are in a position to award certification of Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
From £750 + VAT you’ll receive:
- Simple questionnaire to complete
- External vulnerability scan to verify aspects of the questionnaire
- A fail report (if appropriate) within 5 business days of submission
- Certification (in the case of a pass) within 5 business days of submission
- 2 free retests in the event of a fail
- Email support from our IASME and CREST accredited practitioners to give basic guidance and advice
Cyber Essentials Plus
We’ve seen that the Cyber Essentials certification is a self-assessment questionnaire. However, given the nature of self-assessment and the questions asked, it’s impossible to verify them and whoever signs off the questionnaire simply attests that it’s factual. With Cyber Essentials Plus, we delve deeper into your network to confirm the answers in the SAQ. In addition to the normal Cyber Essentials requirements, we’ll also:
- Perform a Malware Exposure Assessment
- Perform an Internal Vulnerability Assessment
- Perform an External Vulnerability Assessment
- Carry out a Workstation Build Assessment
- Perform a Mobile Device Assessment
This is effectively twice as many assessments of your company’s IT infrastructure, including a review of your standard workstation builds and mobile devices (if any). None of this is covered at a Cyber Essentials level, which merely tests the external firewall and internet gateways.
For those interested in Cyber Essentials Plus, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Protect your data, your network, and your people. Talk to our team about cyber security now.Contact Us